Creating a custom / sql field

artd
artd
  • artd
  • 11 months ago
Hey, I hope I can explain myself properly.

We are currently working on a project that needs a whole lot of different surveys. basically, a teacher has a bunch of students. and for those students the teacher needs to fill out those surveys. the problem now is, these students are not all users, and even if they were it wouldn't matter, because they dont have to fill out the surveys.

we only have one user, filling out the same survey several times for all his students. now, we could add a dropdown to the survey with a list of all the students. so each time the survey is filled out, the teacher has to select a student. this would work with community surveys - but not with the teachers -.- they would have to remember which student they already completed and somehow use a checklist.

we also could create joomla users for each student, making the teacher log into every account to fill out the survey - all very workable solutions but, again, not with the teachers. for they now would have to have a list of all logins.

so we thought about maybe adding a field type that selects all students from the database. we already have another component that actually manages students and classes and teachers and what not. so basically we need a field that accepts an sql query to select the students. after completion, we would alter the student table to unpublish that entry. that way, we could ensure that after the teacher fills out the survey for one of his students, the very same student will not appear in the sql / dropdown list again.

is such a field possible in community surveys? and if yes, how?
Thank you.

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 1 of 1 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai