Community Surveys permission issues

djanousek
djanousek
  • djanousek
  • 9 months ago

Hello,

I am trying to setup permissions for Community Surveys based on my web site requirements, however I am not sure whether I understand the philosophy of permissions in your product correctly. I went through all available documentation however I did not find answers to my questions.

The aim of my page is:

1) One Super user with responsibility to manage the whole Joomla environment.

2) Several admins for managing surveys from the frontend (no backend access)

3) A group of registered user which will respond to surveys and consume other services on my page

When I setup all permissions as per instructions in your documentation and available video I have found the following:

1) Create survey from the frontend - works as expected

2) Delete survey from the frontend - not working

3) Edit own survey from the frontend - works as expected

4) Edit any (foreign) survey from the frontend - not working

5) Edit state (published/unpublished) - not working

So now the question is: In order to give admin user an opportunity to delete, edit any survey and edit state, is it necessary to provide admin user an access to the Joomla backend? In order to test this situation (which is not preferred) I have made a little exercise and setup the admin user with backend access. Even if I did so this user cannot edit own surveys if edit any survey is not permitted. On the opposite publish/unpublish function is working even it is not permitted.

Could you please guide me how to solve these problems.

Many thanks

David

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 6 of 6 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai