Special Field - SQL

Category: Community Surveys 3 weeks ago

Hi ;

I am very excited to see a new special question type call SQL.

I know how to use the following except Conditions

Table Name*:
Label Column*:
Value Column*:
Conditions*:

Is there any documentation online for this question type , how do i use the conditions type is it in mysql query format ?

Thank you for all the awesome addin

Is it possible for future release to make the dropdown searchable , like when the user type a keyword it will auto select anything which matach. This is good for dropdown of a long list which exceed 50 or more data row

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Special Field - SQL

by » 3 weeks ago

I did not create the documentation yet, sorry about that. Will add it soon. Please find below the required info.

Conditions: This is documented on the icon beside the label. Posting verbatim copy here:

Enter comma seperated list of conditions. Supports the following operators: (eq),(ne),(lt),(gt),(le),(ge),(like). All conditions are gluid with AND operator. Eg. column1(eq)2,column2(eq)test,column3(ne)100,column4(ge)20,column5(like)test

You can build "where" condition of the sql command using this option. the conditions are like this.

• column1(eq)2 - this will produce "where column1 = 2"
    • column1(ne)2 - this will produce "where column1 != 2"
    • column1(lt)2 - this will produce "where column1 < 2"
    • column1(gt)2 - this will produce "where column1 > 2"
    • column1(le)2 - this will produce "where column1 <= 2"
    • column1(ge)2 - this will produce "where column1 >= 2"
    • column1(like)2 - this will produce "where column1 like '%2%' "

You can combine multiple conditions with comma separated conditions. All are added up with AND, ex:

column1(e1)2,column2(gt)3 will produce "where column1 = 2 AND column2 > 3"

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

by » 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your quick reply it is so interesting.

Can the condition be based on one of the survey field like if i have the employee number at the start of the survey form.

Can the condition include the survery field employee number , so i have like where sapno=employee number

Thank you , it will be so awesome if this is possible

by » 3 weeks ago

You can fetch a field from any one table but joining with another table is not possible at this time.

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

by » 2 weeks ago

What i mean is that can the sql query be base on the user input in the survey form itself ?

by » 2 weeks ago

I would suggest conditional rules which do exactly the same thing.

Querying another table based on the current user id is not possible as the question does not have any such facility to read the user id as input.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.