Hi, probably something very basic but I am unable to see the front end menu options that should display next to the Crosswords Home menu option.

See attached screen shot of what I see when logged in as super admin.

I have not changed the Crossword component permission for Super Admin users. I tried giving Public users some permissions but this made no difference.

I am newish to J3.3.3/Purity 3 so it is possible there is an issue outside Crosswords but nothing else seems to be not working as it should.

Can you suggest a path forward to solve this problem?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Can't see Crossword Front-End Menu

by » 5 years ago

This could be the issue with css conflicts. Where can I see the issue?

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

by » 5 years ago

If you mean the front end screen as per the attached image http://big-issues.org/test/crosswords/latest/8-2014-08-16.html.

I am happy to give you admin backend accesss by email/PM if you think it useful.

by » 5 years ago

I can see the menu from my mobile. I caanot view it on desktop as I am out of office for next two days. Please send me your website details through contact us form so that I can see it and sugget you any possible fixes.

Please note that I can do this as soon as I return after a couple of days. Sorry for any trouble.

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

by » 5 years ago

Hi Maverick,

since I sent you the access details, I have tried resetting the template from Purity 3 to Protostar and the crossword menu became visible - probably supporting your thoughts of it being a css conflict.

I have set it back to Purity hoping that you can identify the fix required to work with Purity 3 template.

by » 5 years ago

The issue is caused by your template css
    .collapse{display:none}

You can override it by adding below css in media/com_crosswords/css/cj.crosswords.min.css
    .collapse{display:block}
    MissingCrosswordMenuCSSChange.png (You do not have access to download this file.)
    MissingCrosswordMenuaftercsschange.png (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 5 years ago

Thanks Maverick.

I have applied the change and can now see the crossword menu on my android phone, but still cannot see it on my W7 desktop Chrome/IE/FF browsers.

I have attached a couple of images - one showing the CSS change file code and the other showing the resulting page in Chrome with Firebug. Is there something I did wrong or something more required?

by » 5 years ago

That means your template css file is being loaded after crosswords css file loads. try adding the same css in your template css file.

by » 5 years ago

Hi Maverick,

progress certainly but not home yet.

I added a custom.css file to my template css folder with the line you provided and can report that I can now see the crossword menu!

However there is some difficulty in selecting a submenu item like Submit Keyword from the dropdown menu list as the dropdown menu often disappears as i drag the mouse down. (I'm used Chrome and Firefox.)

In addition when I do manage to click on Submit Keyword I get nothing, and when I click on Create Crossword and submit the form I generally get the error message "Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /home/bigissue/public_html/test/components/com_crosswords/controllers/crosswords.php on line 501" though once in Firefox I got "Message MSG_ERROR_PROCESSING| Code: 3".

Credentials I sent you separately still are there if you wish to test it yourself.

by » 5 years ago

That is because your template css is opening menu on mouse hover. It should open on mouse click as per bootstrap behavior.

Anyway, add below css in your custom css file to behave it little better.
    .navbar .nav>li>.dropdown-menu:before {
    position: absolute;
    top: -10px;
    left: 9px;
    display: inline-block;
    border-right: 100px solid transparent;
    border-bottom: 10px solid #ccc;
    border-left: 5px solid transparent;
    border-bottom-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2);
    content: ' ';
    }

Will check the other issue on your site and let you know.

by » 5 years ago

Thanks - switched template nav default to show submenu on click rather than hover and fixed the first problem as you expected.

Have replied elsewhere to your response on the second problem. For others sake I note the problem was due to Crosswords being oriented to the Bootstrap 2 version built into Joomla 3 and not the Bootstrap 3 version built into the Purity 3 template I currently have on my test site.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.