About Crossword Names

Category: Community Crosswords 10 years ago
Hello,

Firstly, thanks for this great and unique component.

I tried it on your test site and don't understand some details.

Why do we have to type a title when creating crossword? According to what? It selects questions randomly. We don't know crossword's content/subject. There are categories but i think name field is unnecessary. Instead of this, user may select level, grid size and category. Then it shows crossword. You should add an button to pass this crossword and create a new one.

What do you think about this issue?

Also, how does difficulity level work? No difficulity level option when submitting question. So, if i select "hard" what happens, if i select "easy" what happens?

Thanks in advance.

I'll renew my substriction soon. B)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: About Crossword Names

by » 10 years ago

Thanks for your feedback. Appreciate it.

The name field will give the users some flexibility to your users so that they can attract others users to solve it. After all the title is only one that displays in listing page. So you can have title like "Are you movie buff? Solve this crossword with Level - Hard, Grid 23 etc.." or something more interesting.

The levels work like below:

Hard Level: Total number of questions = grid size. So there are more questions to solve for 23 size grid.

Medium: grid size - 5

Easy: grid size - 10.

The questions are taken from the selected category. Difficulty is with number of questions not with question types.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

by » 10 years ago

Hmm then, naming them as Movies Crossword 1, Movies Crossword 2, etc... will more suitable.

Actually, need to prevent duplicated questions. Questions may be same on some crosswords. This requires lots of questions. You should add priority for never user questions. Every question may has a counter that count how many times used it. When anyone creating crossword, it'll look this counter and select nonused or less used questions primarily.

Also i hope we'll define different points for difficulty levels and grid sizes. (For upcoming points feature)

And Expiring time for crosswords...

This ones are feature request but i think no need to open another topic.

Thanks.

by » 10 years ago

Koray,

The priority levels are already there under development. They are considered for initial release but they do not went through. Will be available in future versions.

For other requests please raise another topic as it would difficult for me to track everything in one place.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.