Please write quide for enabling special characters

Krx
Krx
  • Krx
  • 12 months ago
Hello

Yesterday, I've purchased license for your Crossword component.
What at first glance looked like perfect add-on for our community website, turned into disappointment because of lack of support for special non English characters.

I'm from Croatia, and we use extra 5 special letters: Š Đ Č Ć Ž
If you cannot see them properly I also added em in attached photo with example of my issue.

I followed instructions found here, and now I am able to add keyword which contains our "special" letters, but when crossword is generated, for 6 lettered keyword ŠTIKLE, generated crossword requires 7 fields to input that answer.

Again, take a look in attached photo.

Could you please be kind and write here step by step where can I edit core code so that our letters are properly accepted by crossword system?

Another question:
- why cant we edit keyword (or add questions and crosswords) in Joomla backend? What if someone posts misspelled keyword?

Conclusion:
If this component is supposed to support only English language, you should clearly state it in component description. Now I ended by wasting half of day by trying to make this work for us.
Without proper support for utf-8 characters, this component is practically useless for us and many others.

Regards

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 20 of 23 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai