Hello.
I just noticed on your frontpage that a new component "GPS Tools" is released and tested it with your demo stuff.
During 5 minutes of playing around I thought about some things like:

• Categories for tracks like CommunityAnswers has
  • Possibility to add images to the track
  • Add some kind of competition like a ranking. For example if you like to build a running site, every user can post his "track-rekord". Perhaps this could also be done by the commentsystem
  • Enhance the feature above about privat timetracking. So you can watch your process and compare it with other user who published their tracks to everyone
  • Enhance the feature above and let users select their "miles" during the last x days by counting their tracks together
  • Enhance the running feature and show the tracks on a calender
  • Implement an easy editor to build the track without needing some gps files
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Some ideas

by » 11 years ago

Hello RaceMaker,

Thank you for the suggestions. Here are the answers:

Categories: Yes this makes sense, will add them

Images: Agree with you. Displaying along with images would makes sense than a plain list.

Competitions: The times are automatically calculated from the GPX or other files, so you can create a category(once implemented) for your competition and ask your users to post their tracks.

Build tracks: This is not in the scope of the project for now but will look into it in the future.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    SurveysCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools | Sociable

by » 11 years ago

I think it should also possible to add this feature to existing standard joomla articles.

Server --> [Apache 2.2.14] [Database 5.1.43] [PHP 5.3.8]
    Live-Site --> [Joomla 2.5.6] [Jomsocial 2.6.2] [CP 1.7.2] Theme --> [yoo_nano]

by » 11 years ago

I think it should also possible to add this feature to existing standard joomla articles.

Which feature you are referring to?

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    SurveysCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools | Sociable

by » 11 years ago

i make a new topic ...

Server --> [Apache 2.2.14] [Database 5.1.43] [PHP 5.3.8]
    Live-Site --> [Joomla 2.5.6] [Jomsocial 2.6.2] [CP 1.7.2] Theme --> [yoo_nano]

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.