Issues with GPS Tools 3.7.2 and Joomla 3.3.6

bafrazier
bafrazier
  • bafrazier
  • 9 months ago

I just purchased the new GPS Tools 3.7.2 yesterday and have installed on my test site. Note: my live site (www.dustydevas.org/mountain-biking/tracks) is currently running Joomla 2.5.14 and GPS Tools 3.1.0 beautifully.

My test site (http://dustydeva.frazierbusiness.com) is running Joomla 3.3.6, and the newly installed GPS Tools 3.7.2 downloaded yesterday. I am having all sorts of problems. I installed com_cjlib first. Under Options I set Public to allow to View Track, changed other settings the same as I am using for my live site. I set up three pages to test the GPS Tools three layouts.(See all three layouts under dropdown under Hiking)

Here are the components, modules, and plugins I uploaded to the system (I did not upload all of them):

com_cjlib (first)

com_gpstools

mod_gpxtracks

mod_gpstools

plg_editor-gpstools

plg_gpscontents

Here are my issues:

On Dashboard, Latest Tracks Display

When I click on a track under Latest Tracks, it opens the track list but gives me a message stating “Invalid id found in request.” 

Testing Default Layout (GPS Tools >>gpstools)

No tabs

Click on Track, it goes to the tracks but does not show Google Maps, Elevation Profiles, or Speed Profiles.

Does show Track Information and Waypoint/Placemark Details.

Testing User Layout (GPS Tools >> user)

Same issue as above (Testing Default Layout)

Testing Form Layout (GPS Tools >> form)

Defaults to Login Form even though it is all set to Public. Public has been set to View.

Google API Key

Following the instructions on the GPS Tools, Options, GPS Settings, and hovering over Google Maps API Key, it states that the maps won’t display unless an API Key is entered.  I logged into my Google account, followed instructions, got my API Key and it still doesn’t work. It doesn’t work either way. (Note: I did not have to do this for version 3.1.0.)

Alert! Alert! “Are you sure you want to continue?”

After displaying the pages from GPS Tools, there are two Alerts below the footer. One says “Alert!” and then an option to close, but nothing happens. Second one says “Alert! Are you sure you want to continue?” Options are Close and Confirm. Neither works. These two alerts must be coming from the GPS Tools software as they don't display on any of the other pages.

For all these problems I have looked and reviewed all settings, but I must be overlooking something. I need help in figuring these issues out.

Thanks,

Betsy

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 4 of 4 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai