Menu and New Install Questions

deleted_002
deleted_002
  • deleted_002
  • 4 months ago

Excuse my ignorance as I am a relative newbie to Joomla but a longtime IT professional ...

I have done a fresh new install of Sociable along with CjLib and other corejoomla products such as CjForum, Questions, Answers, etc (all are the latest versions).  I'm now trying to configure things and am a bit stumped on creating a menu and the default configurations. I've read all the wiki material and forum posts for most of the products.

1. How do I create the menu items to point to the "frontend" of Sociable?  I.e. what is the proper configuration of a menu item - e.g. to what do I point the menu item - I can't see anything in the Sociable component, modules, or plugins that looks like it be the main Sociable executable. (my ignorance here shows - there is no php or html file that is the obvious front door to Sociable).

2. Is there any documentation as to the default out-of-the-box setup of Sociable?  I.e. What if anything is installed in the way of profiles, groups, activities, etc?  I can't figure out if what I'm seeing on my site is what I should expect to see (no default profile, group, activity).

3. If I am installing a bunch of corejoomla extensions what is the preferred install order?  I installed Sociable first, then CjLib (though I gather Sociable should have installed that), then CjForum, then other corejoomla extensions.  Because I don't know the answer to Question 2 I don't know if my installations are correct.  I didn't get any errors ...

4. Is there a preferred or recommended template for use with Sociable?  I'm spinning up a brand new community website for our rural community where I live so I'm not wedded to any particular template yet and am more worried about functionality for users rather than the look and feel of the template.  Should I stick to the default Bootstrap stuff (2, 3, or 4) and/or the default Joomla 3.9 templates, or some other template that works well with Sociable and the other corejoomla stuff.  The only additional stuff I might add to the site is a calendar (JCal Pro) and perhaps a Gallery extension if the offerings in Sociable aren't enough.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer. I have looked through the demo site but not enough of the Admin options are exposed for me to tell if I'm doing things correctly.

Jeff

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 6 of 6 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai