Can't logout from frontend

Category: Sociable 11 months ago

Hi

I've a little issue here.

I've created a manu item "user-logout" but when clicking on it I'm not logged out but rather beeing redirected to activities page.

Using the Joomla module "Log in" it works when clicking on the modules Logout button.

If I inactivate the plugin "system-sociable" the menu item "user-logout" works.

Does anyone else have this problem?

If the problem can be solved why worry?
If the problem can not be solved, worrying will do you no good.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Can't logout from frontend

by » 11 months ago

This is a bug. The menu item uses layout parameter to send logout command which is not recognized by Sociable system plugin.

Edit plugins/system/sociable/sociable.php and find

if ($option == 'com_users' && $view == 'login')

change this to

$layout = $app->input->get('layout', '', 'cmd');
    if ($option == 'com_users' && $view == 'login' && $layout != 'logout')

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools

Thank you said by: Stephen Höglund

by » 11 months ago

Hi

Great, works like a charm now.

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Regards

Stephen

If the problem can be solved why worry?
    If the problem can not be solved, worrying will do you no good.

by » 11 months ago

I have a similar issue but with login and registration.  Some areas of my site are not using any corejoomla products and are restricted to various user groups.  When a not-logged-in user tries to access these areas I get the expected messages about needing to log in or register - but when the user clicks on Login they get the Sociable login, and Register sends them to the Sociable registration.  I don't want to use either module of Sociable because they take up too much screen real estate e.g. the big blue box of Sociable Login - and I don't really know what impact using them might have on other non-corejoomla parts of the site.  I do have the Sociable registration turned off in System - Sociable but so far the only fix I can find is to disable the System - Sociable plugin. I am using the Joomla out of the box Login and Registration functionality.

For what it is worth I find the documentation for each specific module and plugin to be pretty sparse.  For instance there is little to tell me what exactly System - Sociable does when enabled or the impact of not having it enabled.  Likewise for the various Authorisation plugins.  Granted I am a relative newcomer to Joomla but more documentation would be immensely helpful.

by » 11 months ago

I added a small documentation about different important plugins (will add more).

https://wiki.corejoomla.com/Sociable_modules_and_plugins_-_explanation

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools

Thank you said by: Stephen Höglund

by » 11 months ago

Oh my that documentation is fabulous and clearly explains everything I needed to know.  Thanks!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.