Profile - Profiles

Category: Sociable one year ago

Hi

I need a little help here.

I have two usergroups with slightly different acess levels (Members and Business) and depending on how they register they have respective usergroup. Using the "normal" register page they will be in the members usergroup and if they use the registration for business they will have be in the business usergroup.So far so good.

In sociable I have created various fields and fields group and I have added them to the two different profiles (members->ID1 and business->ID2), members and business. Now it starts to be a little tricky here, because if I mark both the profiles "featured" when they register on the site (doesnt matter if normal registration or the business registration is used) they will end up with profile which have the ID1 the other profile, with ID2 is not being used.

If I make only members as featured both the usergroups will end up having the members profile (fields and fields group) and I cant't add the other profile to the user in the business usergroup.

Q1: How can I, automatically, add the different profiles to respectvly usergroup?

Q2: How do I add a profile manually to a usergroup (if Q1 is not doable)?

PS/
a little bug here alsoo, if I, in profile, click on the "star" to make any profile featured it jumps to the menu "Groups" instead.

If the problem can be solved why worry?
If the problem can not be solved, worrying will do you no good.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Profile - Profiles

by » one year ago

Thanks for the bug report - will fix it.

To assign a profile automatically, select the profile in your registration form menu item (under the options tab of the menu item). You can create multiple registration menu items for different profiles.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools

by » one year ago

Hi

Thank you for the explanation about thehow to automatic assign a profil.

That solves one problem for me.

Now, the business registration however does not go through the normal registration, this is handled by another component since this user should be in a different usergroup. So it seems that I can not assaign this profil automaticly.

Is it possible to implement, in the menu item, that in the options tab you could choose not only the "Profile Type" but alsoo the"User Group"?

This would solve most of the problems and I could then create different menu items for create an account for different user groups.

Regards

Stephen

If the problem can be solved why worry?
    If the problem can not be solved, worrying will do you no good.

by » one year ago

User group is handled by Joomla, it cannot be handled by Sociable. Sociable only pass on the data to Joomla user system. 

You can set default user group that should be assigned in the User component options.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.