join a group by url

Category: Sociable 11 months ago

hello

I will give access to associations. Each association has access to a dedicated Sociable group.
How to make so that in their mail, it communicates an email with the id of their group.
example: come and join us quickly by clicking on mysite.xye /?group-id=22 so that he does not see all the groups?

Regards

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: join a group by url

by » 11 months ago

Use the following format.

If you have groups menu item created:

mysite/path/to/groups-menu-alias?id=GROUP_ID

If you do not have menu item

mysite/path/to/sociable-menu?view=group&id=GROUP_ID

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools

by » 11 months ago

HI,

Awesome
    I must have a little problem of understanding because I have a menu "mainmenu" where there is a sociable link but the following link ( joomtest.88h.ovh/mainmenu?view=group&id=2) 
    returns a 404 page !!

Regards

by » 11 months ago

What is the type of your mainmenu?

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 11 months ago

HI

I'm not 100% sure (see the site)

Network activity (Alias: network activity) -> Sociable »Activities
    Groups (Alias: groups) -> Sociable »Groups

Otherwise maybe faster if I give you access to the site?

Regards

by » 11 months ago

As I see you already created the groups menu item at /groupes . So you can use this URL directly to refer to any group url. For example: /groupes/2-groupe-prive-sociable

Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 11 months ago

Hello,

Ah I wonder if you understood me !?
    It is not access to the group (id = 2) that interests me. He works .
    joomtest.88h.ovh/groupes/2-groupe-prive-sociable

What I would like is that Bob the creator of the group (id = 2) publish on the internet the link to register in a private ACL group (id = 2). The person registers on the site and with this link is automatically registered in the right group joomtest.88h.ovh/cnx?view=registration

Regards

by » 11 months ago

You can set the default user group in Joomla User component settings. From Sociable, you cannot change the user group. However, you can assign different Sociable user profiles based on the registration URL. For this, create the Sociable Registration menu item with the appropriate profile selected.

Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 11 months ago

HI

Again, I'm not sure I understood.
    1 / I created a profile then attached to the menu and I have an error 500
    Display class not found [class, file]: usersViewprofile
    joomtest.88h.ovh/ajout

I wonder if this will solve my problem because potentially one day there could be dozens of ACL (Sociable) groups. It is one of the key points of the site to have "Sociable groups" visible only by members of the corresponding Joomla group (ACL)
    2 / Another question what is the advantage of having a registration form / Group of fields / custom fields Sociable?

3 / As Sociable is 100% Joomla compatible, I can create my custom Joomla user fields (I would prefer)!

by » 11 months ago

1. Can you please send me your website and admin user details via the contact us form to check the issue?

Please note that, as I mentioned earlier, you cannot change Joomla ACL groups with Sociable. The menu can only apply the Sociable profile.

2. A sociable registration form allows you to capture user profile information during registration instead of the user enter it later. The user can always go to his profile and edit the information he submitted.

3. All Joomla custom fields can be used inside Sociable profile fields.

Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 4 weeks ago

hello

I have configured the menu with your component with the common profile.
    I'm afraid now that you tell me to do the same with all profiles/groups! Indeed I then made the addition via "/fr/inscription/?ugid=5" but this member is not in any group.
    As there could potentially be dozens of groups, I can't create dozens of menus!

From a menu and adding the "ugid", it should make me join the right Sociable/joomla group

Regards

34229_2_Screenshot_2021-04-13 Alter - Menus Modifier un lien de menu - Administration.png (You do not have access to download this file.)
    34229_2_Screenshot_2021-04-13 Alter - Utilisateurs Modifier - Administration.png (You do not have access to download this file.)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.