Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: join a group by url

by » 3 months ago

I tried registering on your site., the Joomla user group my account was registered was "Enregistré". But the Sociable group has access level "Accès Gr-J2". So even if registration form assign the group, he cannot access the group. This is a misconfiguration issue, not a bug.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    SurveysCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools | Sociable

by » 3 months ago

Hello,

I didn't think it was a bug, I'm just afraid of the answer you can make!
    If I create a menu by linking the profile and the group (see image), it actually works with the url "/en/inscription-2/?ugid=5".

But if I understand correctly, I would have to create 50 menus for 50 sociable/acl groups!? if not, can you give me an example?

What I wanted for almost a year, was that dozens of people (for dozens of groups) communicate different urls (a bit like affiliate) that allow the number of members to grow faster.

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, we are obliged to use the Sociable registration link (/core joomla registration) that should be translated into each language and I find myself with 2 other steps including a social networking page (I do not need / want because they are competitors of Sociable)

And finally, I'm not sure if it's a Sociable bug but I get an error message when trying to delete test accounts.

Regards

34233_2_Screenshot_2021-04-14 Alter - Menus Modifier un lien de menu - test-gr2-menu2- Administration.png (You do not have access to download this file.)
    34233_2_Screenshot_2021-04-13 Alter - Erreur 0 Call to a member function transactionStart on null.png (You do not have access to download this file.)
    34233_2_Screenshot_2021-04-13 Alter - Inscription.png (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 3 months ago

No, you need not create 50 menus. One menu is enough and add the group id to the same URL (ugid parameter).

The issue is the default Joomla user group that is being assigned when a new user registers. The default user group set as "Enregistré". However, sociable group ID 5 has access level "Accès Gr-J2". "Enregistré" is not part of access level"Accès Gr-J2". So even though sociable group is assigned to my account, I cannot access it because of the access level.

The newly registered users can access the groups if and only if - 

1. The sociable groups have access level as "Accès enregistré" or

2. Change the registered user group manually to the group which has access.

I hope my explanation is clear.

I know it is confusing, your setup is too complicated with so many different access levels and groups.

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

by » 3 months ago

Hi,

I'm really sorry but I'm trying to add the "registered" group in different ways (over an hour) but nothing works!
    I thought I understood the integration of Sociable with the joomla ACLs but I don't. If you could do an example with the joomla ACL group?

I always get this error when deleting a member, is it related to Sociable?

Regards

34237_2_Screenshot_2021-04-15 Alter - Sociable Groups - Administration.png (You do not have access to download this file.)
    34237_2_Screenshot_2021-04-15 Alter - Utilisateurs Niveaux daccs - Administration.png (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 3 months ago

Sociable do not change any user group, infact do not touch Joomla core user tables. Joomla assign any registered user a single user group as defined in below screenshot. None of your sociable groups are assigned to an access level which has this user group, so newly registered user cannot access them.

There are two ways to solve this issue.

1. Use any third party plugin or membership component that assign the user group automatically (some way you define memberships instead of registration url)

2. Add integration within Sociable somehow. For example, an option in registration menu to take user group option and assign it.

by » 3 months ago

I have added the feature to add user to another Joomla user group in v1.2.9. Please update it.

Only caveat - it can assign the user groups defined in the menu item only. So if your Sociable groups have different access level with differetnt user groups, then this will not work. You should use membership component.

My suggestion is do not enforce any access level (use registered access level) on the Sociable groups and set them as private user groups. The users will not be able to join on their own from groups page.

by » 3 months ago

Hello,

I did the update but I don't see what this new update does?

I always made it clear that I wanted custom fields/ACL groups in joomla
    Everything was working fine apart from this url (affiliate)
    Even if there was no urgency, I was looking forward to this feature described several times as under
    https://www.corejoomla.com/forum/support/sociable/17730-summary-of-my-requests-for-progress-on-our-project.html?start=20#p34002

I am disappointed because I thought we understood each other, after a year ago, when we bought. After abandoning CB, I was attracted by easy profile which was not 100% compatible with joomla either.
    Now I won't bother you anymore, you're probably right, I need to find another extension to achieve this.
    Too bad it wasn't clear from the beginning because we lost a lot of time :-(

Error when deleting a test member account
    You didn't answer me on this point. Maybe it is not related to Sociable but can you check?

by » 3 months ago

As I mentioned, the menu item has the new field to add the user to a Joomla user group.  But it has no intelligence to determine the user group needed for Sociable group's access level. You need to set the access level of Sociable groups to some common access level which solves all your issues. I tried my best to provide the solution but beyond this it is not possible. It has no intelligence to determine the user group automatically which must be defined by you. I will be glad if some other extension can address this issue for you.

Regarding delete user functionality, I found the issue and fixing it for next release. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.