Groups

Category: Sociable 3 months ago

Hi

Is it possible to:

1. Have child groups within a group? Can´t find anything about this.
  2. Can you integrate CJForum with groups so that you could create special forums just for this group and members in the group.
  3. Is it possible, in backend, that you can see all topics and answers in a group?

Maybe some bugs?

1. When joinig a group nothing happens until you reload (ctrl F5)  the page. Is this correct behavior?
  2. In groups -> topics, if you write a reply to a topic the reply is not shown if I go back to the topic later. If I reload (ctrl F5) the the topics are shown. Right now the cache is disabled in backend of site.

Perhaps this is future request in that case I´ll write in "Suggest an idea"

Ideal would to have it something like in attached image if possible.

[ Activity - Evets - Files - Photo - Video - Forum - Topics - Users - Invites ]

17715_1_group-menu.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

If the problem can be solved why worry?
If the problem can not be solved, worrying will do you no good.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Groups

by » 3 months ago

Requests:

1. Have child groups within a group? Can´t find anything about this.
      There is no parent/child groups heirarchy.

2. Can you integrate CJForum with groups so that you could create special forums just for this group and members in the group.
      The idea is good. We can add restriction level in CjForum that allows only group members to post topics for a category. Can you please post the feature request? https://www.corejoomla.com/suggest-an-idea.html 

3. Is it possible, in backend, that you can see all topics and answers in a group?
      I am developing these pages. For now, only front-end has this facility.

4. Ideal would to have it something like in attached image if possible.
      These are shown on the user profile page on individual tabs. In general, photos, videos, events - these are all activities and are shown on the activity stream timeline. 

Bugs:

1. When joinig a group nothing happens until you reload (ctrl F5)  the page. Is this correct behavior?
      No. There may be some issue with response from the backend call. It is possible to check the response of the ajax call on the browser developer console. Can you send me website details to check it?

2. In groups -> topics, if you write a reply to a topic the reply is not shown if I go back to the topic later. If I reload (ctrl F5) the the topics are shown. Right now the cache is disabled in backend of site.
      Looks to be similar to the above one. The ajax response output may have scrambled with some other output (may be from any one of plugins installed on the site)

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools

by » 3 months ago

I checked your website and tried to join, create a topic, post a reply. All functions are working properly and I did not see any issue.

I am using the Chrome browser. Can you please let me know the browser on which you faced this issue?

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 3 months ago

Hi

I used new Edge Chromium (for win 10)

by » 3 months ago

I just tried that on Edge. Joined the group and left it. When you join, the join group button should just disappear. Nothing else should change.

Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 3 months ago

Hi

Yes thats what happens.

But, the button Leave group doesn´t show until I do a refresh (Ctrl + F5).

Even if I log out and then log in again just the button Join Group is visible although I already joined group.

Steps that I took:

1. Go inside the group I wish to join.

2. Click on "Join Group" (The button dissapear)

3. I click on Groups (or another menu item).

4. Go back to my joined group.

5. The Button "Join Group" is visible (although I already joined group)

6. Click "Ctrl + F5" to refresh page, the button "Leave Group" becomes visible.

by » 3 months ago

Understood that. We catch the URL and the page on the browser until there is a new content. I guess its the cache that is causing the issue, will fix it.

Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 3 months ago

Hi

Great 😀

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Stephen

by » one month ago

Hi

I still have some issues with groups (Joining and leaving) but since version 1.2.2 & 1.2.3 the behaivior have change.

Now if I do a refresh of page I´ll have this error message instead (I´m inside a group when doing this refresh).

Steps taken (Join a group).

1. Go to "Groups" -> "All Groups"

2. Click on one group to Join (after clicking "Join Group" the button dissappear)

3. Do a page refresh  (ctrl+F5)

4. The error below appear.

Steps taken (Leavig Group)

1. Go to "Groups" -> "My Groups"

2. Click on group to leave.

3. Click the button "Leave Group" (after clicking "Leave Group" the button dissappear)

4. Click on "Groups" again and the group you just leaved is still under "My Groups".

5. Click on "My Groups" and the group you just leaved dissappear. 

6. Clicking on "All Groups" and enter the group you just leaved will show the button "Leave Group" still visible (which it should not be).

7. Clicking on the "Leave Group" button gives the error message " you are not authorised to view this resource"

8. Do a page refresh (ctrl+F5) and the error below appear.

You are not authorised to view this resource.
    /home/vwivfgfr/public_html/my.domain/components/com_sociable/views/group/view.html.php:53

Call stack
    # Function Location
    1 () JROOT/components/com_sociable/views/group/view.html.php:53
    2 SociableViewGroup->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:672
    3 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display() JROOT/components/com_sociable/controller.php:114
    4 SociableController->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:710
    5 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/components/com_sociable/sociable.php:23
    6 require_once() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:402
    7 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:377
    8 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:194
    9 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:233
    10 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:196
    11 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/index.php:49

Update:

After turning Joomla debug on and repeat the steps
    Groups->All Groups->Click on group that I just left
    Everything is OK, Join Group button is there. 

The only thing is a notice: 

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$category_access in /../../../../components/com_sociable/models/group.php on line 177

But still after doing a page refresh the error message abow appear. 

by » one month ago

I just tested with my installation but could not reproduce the error when refresh the page. I believe it was because of some cache on your site. Are you still be able to reproduce the issue?

I can reproduce the notice message that is shown when debug enabled and fixed it with 1.2.4.  This issue is also a root cause of another issue where non-members can see the topics and members of the group. Fixed that as well.

Sociable | Surveys | 

by » one month ago

Hi

I can´t reproduce this anymore (after updating to version 1.2.4.

Although there still is some issue with the Microsoft Edge Browser.

To get it to work with Microsoft edge I must do a page refresh (ctrl+F5) this goes for joining group and leaving group.

If I don´t the button is not showing. It´s not enough just to go to another menu item (e.g topics, members etc)

In Firefox it´s just enough to go to another menu item such as topics for instance (after joining a group the leave group button isn´t visible until you go back to my groups).

There is another "issue" or bug, if I am joining a group then I can edit the group. In my opinion this makes no sense, only group admin should be able to edit the group.

33938_2_Microsoft Edge.docx (You do not have access to download this file.)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.