Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: summary of my requests for progress on our project

by » 7 months ago

HI

2/ There could be dozens of separate discussion groups.
    Each member has access to one or more discussion groups.
    I have not been able to implement the visibility of the group by the member either.
    https://www.corejoomla.com/forum/support/sociable/17566-groupe-visibility.html

3/ Registration on the site is not direct/visible/selectable. It is a facilitator/friend who sends a url (linked to the group) that will allow you to register on the site and directly in the facilitator/friend's group and later in other public groups.
    https://www.corejoomla.com/forum/support/sociable/17567-join-a-group-by-url.html
    Again if you could set this up or tell me step by step how to do it?

4/ Does one of my requests depend on:
    https://www.corejoomla.com/suggest-an-idea/sociable/to-add-or-remove-acl-group.html

by » 7 months ago

Hello,

1/ Joomla custom field & profile Sociable
    It seems to me that this is now working very well 😊

I now have the other 3 points to finalize the site.
    2/ Sociable discussion groups
    Each member has access to one or more discussion groups.
    I have not been able to implement the visibility of the group by the member either.
    https://www.corejoomla.com/forum/support/sociable/17566-groupe-visibility.html

Especially for 2/
    * If testHD1 is part of the joomla group "test GR1 J".
    *  Access GR1 test sociable,    Gr-J1 access which itself is linked to joomla group "test GR1 J".
    Why am I not logged in automatically (see image)? Is it due to point 4/?
    testHD1_rejoind_gr1_sociable.png

3/ Registration on the site is not direct/visible/selectable.
    (see https://www.corejoomla.com/forum/support/sociable/17567-join-a-group-by-url.html).
    The idea would be that ambassadors send a link (as an affiliation) to join the site in a sociable discussion group by email, newsletter ...
    Example
    * ambassador1 sends the link www.monsite.xyz/joingroup?1 for the member to register in the "sociable discussion group1"=acljoomla1
    * ambassador2 sends the link www.monsite.xyz/joingroup?2 for the member to register in the "sociable discussion group2"=acljoomla2

4/ add-remove acl groups:
    https://www.corejoomla.com/suggest-an-idea/sociable/to-add-or-remove-acl-group.html

Regards

by » 7 months ago

2/ I logged into your site as test1 user and I am able to see only test1 group. I logged in as test2 user and can see only test2 group. Can you please  let me know what exact issue you are seeing?

3/ Since you have restricted the groups access with user access level, this is not possible unless we implement the feature to assign desired Joomla user group when the user register. Presently it can only assign Sociable group but that will not be sufficient, you need to have a Joomla user group also assigned on registration.

4/ Same as above. We need to implement automatic addition of Joomla user group when a profile is added to the user. That way, Joomla access level and profile access level will be in sync.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    SurveysCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools | Sociable

by » 7 months ago

Hello,

2/ For testHD1, I clicked on the button to join the group (which I wish to avoid)
    Please consider the testHD2 case as the default case, which does not join the group.

3/ & 4 / Ok I understand, everything depends on this future development.
    Do you have a period of weeks where this will be available for me to note it in my to-do list?

Regards

by » 7 months ago

1. The user has to be assigned to a Joomla user group which cannot be done by the user himself. An administrator can only change the user group. So once the user is assigned to a Joomla user group, he can see the Sociable group and join it. (See point 3 below for alternative)

2. I have added this feature in v1.2.5. Please update it and check. 

You can now assign the Joomla user group automatically when a profile is assigned to the user. Edit Sociable profile and select the desired Joomla user group under "Assign User to Group" option. This user group will be automatically assigned whenever the user is assigned the profile.

3. The user can now select their profile from the registration form. Please make sure you have enabled "User Selectable" option for your profile. If no profile is user selectable, the default profile will be assigned to the user after registration.

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

by » 6 months ago

Hi,

2/ Thank you for this new feature.
    a) After updating the profiles, I logged in as testHD2 but this one is not assigned to the Sociable  group="Accès GR2 test sociable"!
    I'm sorry but I tried a lot of things and I couldn't manage to insert the photo.
    I hope I was understood otherwise you can still see it with the access codes.

b) I created a new member via the frontend.
    I received and validated the link in the email (I can't activate it a second time).
    I also approved the link sent to the administrator.
    Yet the testHD11 member is not activated and put into a group without having done anything! 

Capture_décran_de_2021-01-25_15-51-02.png

3/
    I think I understood but I prefer to rephrase to make sure you understood too.
    It is logically not possible to join different joomla groups when registering a new member with Joomla.
    My request corresponds well to the link to the registration of a member with a url to allow, at the same time, the registration in a sociable group (which itself is linked to a Joomla group after 2/).

Example
    * ambassador1 sends the link www.monsite.xyz/joinSOCIABLEgroup?1 for the member to register in the "sociable discussion group1" (acljoomla1 )
    * ambassador2 sends the link www.monsite.xyz/
    joinSOCIABLEgroup?2 for the member to register in the "sociable discussion group2" (acljoomla2)

by » 6 months ago

2a) Users are not automatically subscribed to any Sociable group. It is only the Joomla user group that is automatically assigned so that they can view the sociable groups (because you have restricted the access to specific Joomla user groups). When the visit Sociable user group, they can see Join Group button and join it.  I logged in as hd2 user and went to Sociable group 2 and joined it. Then I can post a topic in that group. 

Hope this clarifies.

2b) Unfortunately user activation is not in the control of Sociable. Activation is handled by the Joomla itself. When you click on activation link do you see any error? Is it user self activation email or admin activation email?

3) Sociable groups are not user groups, they are not linked to any user group. However Sociable profiles can be linked to the user group as I mentioned earlier. In the new version, there is a new field added in Registration page to select the desired profile and the user will be automatically added to the connected user group.

Registering to a Sociable group via URL automatically is a new feature which needs to be developed, it is not possible at this time. Users needs to click on Join Group button on the group page. (if the group is private, the group administrator should approve the join request). Will add this support.

by » 6 months ago

Hello

2a) ok this clarifies. I had understood the opposite. Especially as it is not a problem if you add the functionality to join via a url :-)
    2b) currently the site is configured to send an activation link and needs to be approved by an administrator. If Sociable is not linked, I will look at this later.
    3/ ok I understand that I have to link each Sociable group with the access of the corresponding joomla group in Profiles.

Registering to a Sociable group via URL automatically
    ambassadorX sends the link www.monsite.xyz/joinSOCIABLEgroup?X:
    In this site, I will not use the profile selection on the registration page because it must be a social network with dozens of Sociable groups (so the "select" field is unsuitable and I want to hide the names of the groups for security).
    As sociable group and group/ACL access joomla will be linked (in profiles), it seems to me that this will be a real competitive advantage that will give a new function in this kind of components :-)

I have already advised this extension in the joomlafrance forum and I hope that other members will use it. I also have the idea of making a site at the exit of Joomal 4 which helps the joomla community and I will certainly need your Sociable extension.

Regards

by » 6 months ago

As sociable group and group/ACL access joomla will be linked 

Did you mean, joining a Sociable group should automatically add the user to a Joomla User group that can be linked together? So if you have 50 Sociable groups, that means they all have to be linked to a Joomla user group?

by » 6 months ago

Hi

Every time I create a Sociable group, I have to link it eventually! with a Joomla access/group in the "profiles" section.
    When registering with a url-X each member automatically joins one and only one Sociable-X newsgroup.
    This newsgroup may have additional fields.

MEMBER / "Joomla CUSTOM FIELDS group" / "Sociable PROFILES / ACL joomla
    any member / Common / Sociable profile Common /registered
    test1/ Gr-chJ1 /Sociable profile Gr-chJ1"/ Gr1,Access GR1 sociable test
    test2; Gr-chJ2 ;Sociable profile Gr-chJ2 / Gr2,Access GR2 sociable test
    testX / Gr-chJX / Sociable profile Gr-chJX / GrX,Access GRX sociable test

Possibly later a member can join another newsgroup manually.

I hope it is completely clear ?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.