Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: summary of my requests for progress on our project

by » 4 months ago

Hello,

Is this ok?
    Thank you for answering me
    Regards

by » 4 months ago

I believe the user should join manually and not automatically subscribed to a user group. It is against the privacy options of a user to join him to a discussion user group without his permission. When he access a user group with a URL, he will anyway go to the user group and can see the join group button. If he really wish to join the group, he can click on it. Why do you want to join him without his permission?

If at all this needs to be implemented, only possible option that can be developed is via registration URL. sending the group id to the registration URL is an option.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools

by » 4 months ago

HI,
    Ah my previous explanation was not very clear.
    Affiliate links are also an example of virality where you know where it comes from and what the visitor wants.
    What I am asking for is done by a lot of message/discussion groups. You receive a link and register directly without going through a select which shows dozens of other possibilities and then the user is not yet logged in (not confidential for some groups either).

Simplicity is essential to get more registrations
    EDIT
    In fact I have thought about it but I think that there is not even a problem of consent. I could always add a custom joomla fields for consent in the common group. When I talked about automatically joining a group it was more of a conceptual idea not to go through a select and that the visitor is in the right group after completing the registration.

ambassadorX sends the link www.monsite.xyz/joinSOCIABLEgroup?X
    STEPS
    1/ I receive the link www.monsite.xyz/joinSOCIABLEgroup?X
    2/ I register normally with joomla's normal registration (if possible no other fields so as not to slow down the registration)
    3/ after validation of the link (normal joomla procedure)
    4/ I see that I have some fields to fill in to finalise the registration in my profile
    a) common group
    b) group corresponding to the X!
    REgards

by » 4 months ago

HI,

Am I completely understood now?
    A priori no fundamental change in the registration steps and respect of consent!
    This is not urgent but really important.
    Regards

by » 4 months ago

What I can do is the below one, which will not deviate the privacy settings.

1. Users will be shared a customized registration link with the parameter like below.

mysite/registration?group_id=123

2. Users register with the above link.

3. They will be automatically added to the Sociable group with id 123.

Let me know if this is fine.

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 4 months ago

Hi,

It seems to me that we understand each other.
    On the other hand, you reworded it without mentioning the joomla inscription!
    Does this mean that you are not in line with the Joomla registration process. I thought it did!?
    That's why I was talking about making a normal registration. The idea being just to memorize the group id of the url to present the fields of the sociable profile at my steps 2/ to 4/.
    Regards

by » 4 months ago

Yes, not included Joomla registration as the functionality can be enabled only throgh Sociable registration. Joomla registration page will redirect to Sociable registration page when the plugin is enabled.  So this won't be a problem.

Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 4 months ago

Re

Ok I understand that you are override the joomla registration.
    Are my steps also possible?
    Or do you understand the interest that has been shown by many articles (marketing, UX ...) of the interest of entering only the username and password, so as not to slow down the registration with information fields that can be entered later (at the 1st connection) . We will already have a new member :-)

regards

by » 4 months ago

The fields can always entered later in their profile. The redirection and registration will be seamless and user will not notice any difference except the ux will be from Sociable instead of regular Joomla form.

Sociable | Surveys | 

Thank you said by: herve

by » one month ago

Hello,

It's been almost a year since I bought your extension. You have already made improvements and I thank you for that.
    I'm looking forward to the new features that will finally allow me to use your extension.
    Is it coming in the next version?
    soon?
    I am attaching the summaries to clarify the request.
    I hope you have noted them down on your side because with time, memory is lost!
    Regards

==> 4/ add-remove acl groups:
    https://www.corejoomla.com/suggest-an-idea/sociable/to-add-or-remove-acl-group.html

==> 3/ Registration on the site
      https://www.corejoomla.com/forum/support/sociable/17567-join-a-group-by-url.html
    https://www.corejoomla.com/forum/support/sociable/17730-summary-of-my-requests-for-progress-on-our-project.html?start=10

The idea would be that ambassadors send a link (as an affiliation) to join the site in a sociable discussion group by email, newsletter ...
    Example
    * ambassador1 sends the link www.monsite.xyz/joingroup?1 for the member to register in the "sociable discussion group1"=acljoomla1
    * ambassador2 sends the link www.monsite.xyz/joingroup?2 for the member to register in the "sociable discussion group2"=acljoomla2
    Again if you could set this up or tell me step by step how to do it?
    -----
    When registering with a url-X each member automatically joins one and only one Sociable-X newsgroup.
    This newsgroup may have additional fields.

MEMBER / "Joomla CUSTOM FIELDS group" / "Sociable PROFILES / ACL joomla
    any member / Common / Sociable profile Common /registered
    test1/ Gr-chJ1 /Sociable profile Gr-chJ1"/ Gr1,Access GR1 sociable test
    test2; Gr-chJ2 ;Sociable profile Gr-chJ2 / Gr2,Access GR2 sociable test
    testX / Gr-chJX / Sociable profile Gr-chJX / GrX,Access GRX sociable test

Possibly later a member can join another newsgroup manually.

Simplicity is essential to get more registrations
    EDIT
    In fact I have thought about it but I think that there is not even a problem of consent. I could always add a custom joomla fields for consent in the common group. When I talked about automatically joining a group it was more of a conceptual idea not to go through a select and that the visitor is in the right group after completing the registration.

ambassadorX sends the link www.monsite.xyz/joinSOCIABLEgroup?X
    STEPS
    1/ I receive the link www.monsite.xyz/joinSOCIABLEgroup?X
    2/ I register normally with joomla's normal registration (if possible no other fields so as not to slow down the registration)
    3/ after validation of the link (normal joomla procedure)
    4/ I see that I have some fields to fill in to finalise the registration in my profile
    a) common group
    b) group corresponding to the X!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.