Privacy Statement for Personally Identifiable Information of corejoomla.com
Updated: May 25th, 2018
corejoomla.com (referred to as "we", "us", "corejoomla.com" or "Company") is committed to protecting your privacy and processing your personally identifiable information (referred to as "PII" or "personal data" or "personal information") with transparency. The PII we collect and process depends on the purpose of your visit and the service or services you have purchased or otherwise agreed to receive from us.
This privacy statement for personally identifiable information:
- provides an overview of how we collect and processes your personal information and informs you about your rights according to the local laws for the protection of personal information and the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- is addressed to natural persons who are either existing or prospective clients of the Company or are authorized representatives/assignees, or the beneficial owners of legal or natural persons who are existing or potential clients of the Company
- is addressed to natural persons who had a business relationship of this nature with the Company in the past
- contains information regarding when your PII will be conveyed to / exchanged with other companies or subcontractors of the Company and other third parties
For the purposes of this statement, personal information is understood to be any information which is relevant to you, with which your identity is or can be identified and which include, for example, your name, email address, physical address, VAT number, IP address (only when we have collected it in conjunction with directly identifying information) or the information you submit your private tickets.
corejoomla.com seeks to follow the industry's best practices concerning personal information handling.
The website contains hyperlinks to external resources, hosted and operated by third parties. These parties have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them carefully. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the handling of your personal information when visiting these external resources; your use of those third party resources and/or websites is your own responsibility.
We also use third-party service and content providers (currently, only Google Analytics) who may collect their own set of personal information. Since these are third parties, the information collected by them is not governed by this Privacy Statement. Take a look at the Cookies section towards the bottom of this document for more information.
Personal information collected
Invoicing information: In accordance to the local tax laws and the European Union's VAT and invoicing directives we collect the following personal information: your name, email address, physical address, company name (if applicable), company activity (if applicable), VAT number (if applicable), IP address, country based on your IP address and the User Agent string of the web browser you used when subscribing. This information is used to generate the legally stipulated invoice upon successful payment of your purchase and for proving your country of origin should it be required.
IP address: Your IP address is temporarily collected whenever you are accessing our site in our web server's logs, our security software's logs and our download system's logs (only when downloading through our site or when downloading updates to our for-a-fee a.k.a. Professional editions of our software). This information is used to ensure the security of our website and to prevent abuse. IP address information is not directly identifiable information but if it's stored in conjunction with your user account ID it might be an indirect identifier.
Support ticket information: Any identifiable information you provide when requesting support through contact us form including but limited to connection information to your site(s) and any other personally identifiable information you may volunteer. We use that information to provide you with technical and account support and, generally, to answer your questions and address your requests. Please note that when filing a public forum topic or when you are providing your forum signature you have no reasonable expectation of privacy and as such any information volunteered in a public ticket is not subject to our privacy statement.
Contact form information. Any information you volunteer by submitting a contact form through this web site's Contact Us page. We use this information to respond to your requests.
Two Step Verification/account security: Information provided or generated in the course of setting up and using the Two Step Verification system for securing your account's login. We use this information only for providing the Two-Step Verification functionality of our site. Two Step Verification information is not directly identifiable information but if it's stored in conjunction with your user account ID it might be an indirect identified.
Personal Information of minors
We do not allow minors (persons under the age of 13) to use our site. Any accounts found in violation of this term will be terminated without a refund and all information pertaining to that user account will be erased.
Use of collected information
corejoomla.com will NOT sell, rent or otherwise willingly transmit the recorded personal information to any third party. Your privacy is important to us and we will not even offer aggregate information resulting from personal information processing to any part outside corejoomla.com. We only use the recorded personal information for:
- service administration purposes, e.g. sending you password reminders, registration confirmations, billing subscription services etc.;
- to contact you regarding new content added on our website, e.g. new forum posts, if you have opted in for this sort of communication;
- to personalize your experience, through the storage of your preferences in cookies and/or our site's database;
- analyze the use of our website and improve its usability;
- IP addresses may be used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different cities/ territories/countries or filter and block inappropriate use.
- dispute chargeback requests
If corejoomla.com wishes to use the recorded personal information for other uses, it will notify you beforehand so that you have the chance to opt-out from these new uses.
When we contact you
We only contact you if you have explicitly opted-in for such communication through the use of our services. For example:
- We may contact you if a new post was added to a thread or category you have subscribed to
- We shall contact you regarding if your subscription status has changed or a change is imminent
- We shall contact you to send you a copy of your invoice after a purchase
- We may contact you when you register or modify a user account, request a username/password reminder or reset, or in any other case where you perform an action related to the administration of the information stored in your user account
You may opt for corejoomla.com newsletter, however, in no case, the newsletter will be sent to you if you unsubscribe to it.
These forms of contact are conducted by automated software running on our server. You always have the chance to opt-out from such communication. corejoomla.com will never send unsolicited email messages ("spam") or allow third parties access to our users and contacts database.
We may also directly contact you - manually sending out emails, as opposed to automatic email sending outlined above - under special circumstances such as:
- Suspecting that your account is compromised by an unauthorized third party
- Before, during or after server-related incidents which may seriously hamper your ability to use our services
- In case you have crossed the line of fair use of our services
- If you have so asked us with an email, ticket, personal message, instant message, Twitter message or any other form of contact.
Contact for marketing purposes
In general, we do not base our marketing activities on the personal information we have collected from our clients. We do not perform personalized marketing and we do not make use of profiling for marketing purposes.
Aggregate information, such as the amount of income from each country, may be used to influence our marketing activities. However, no personally identifiable information or pseudonymized information will be used for these activities.
If we want to make a marketing campaign which includes your personally identifiable information, e.g. naming you as the recipient of a raffle, we will seek your explicit consent. In this case, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Any processing taking place or marketing campaigns launched before your consent withdrawal shall not be affected.
Information sharing with third parties
Information collected by corejoomla.com will not be shared with any third parties. Not in their raw form, not in a processed or aggregate form. We do not share personal information with third parties except as stated in the "Use of collected information" article above.
Important note: Please review the section on cookies, as we employ third-party service/content providers. These providers collect their own set of personal information, governed by their own privacy statements.
Exceptions to this rule will be clearly stated and will only be part of a special offer campaign. For instance, we may launch a campaign offering subscriptions to third-party services for free or with a discount. If we are to collect and share your personal information you will be informed before opting in to that campaign.
Notable exception: When you submit an unsolicited support request –that means any kind of support request submitted by any means other than our ticket system– you do not have any reasonable expectation of privacy. We reserve the right to publicise parts or the entirety of our communication using any means we deem appropriate.
Duration of personal information retainment
We retain your personal information for as long as we have a business relationship with you as evidenced by the existence of an active subscription or a log in to your account.
We are legally required to retain your invoicing information, both as an off-line backup and in the custody of our auditors, for a period of up to TEN (10) years after your purchase.
After SIX (6) months after the termination of our business relationship (explicitly: the expiration of your last subscription with us or your last log into our site, whichever comes later) the following actions will be taken:
- Your invoices and invoicing information will be removed from our site (we wills till keep the off-line copies as explained above). A pseudonymized, non-identifiable record of your purchase will be kept for statistical purposes.
- Your user account will be pseudonymized and locked to make logging in impossible.
- Please note that your public posts remain intact. Moreover, your forum signature is removed.
- Any record of your downloads history is removed from our site (as long as the downloads took place while you were logged in; or downloads and updates obtained using a valid at the time Download ID).
Other logs which may contain personal information such as server access logs and security logs are kept for up to FOURTEEN (14) months.
We may retain your personal information longer than that for regulatory, technical or legal reasons.
Your information may be stored longer than that in encrypted backups. However, we have technical means in place to remove your PII upon restoring those backups unless otherwise legally required, e.g. in assisting a criminal investigation.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We may periodically modify or amend this privacy statement.
When this happens we will change the date on the top of the page and keep a change log at the end of this page. We do not have the technical means to notify our clients about any changes. We recommend that you re-examine this statement periodically so that you are always updated on the way we process and protect your personal information.
What is a cookie? A cookie is a brief amount of data, usually containing a unique identifier, sent to your browser software from a website and recorded on your computer's permanent storage. Each website may set one or several such cookies on your computer, but your browser will only allow a website to access the cookie(s) it has set and denied access to other websites' cookies.
Cookies record information about your preferences and allow us to customize your experience. They are also used for handling user authentication in the members-only areas of a website. Users have the option to be forewarned before accepting a cookie, review cookies already stored on their computer's permanent storage and even delete them if so required. These options are given to you by your web browser software. Each web browser handles these features in a different way, so you have to consult your web browser's help/user guide/manual to learn more about this.
Third-party cookies. corejoomla.com employs the services of third-party services and content provides. Most notably we use Google Analytics to track website usage. Each of these services sets its own cookies. corejoomla.com doesn't have direct access to those cookies and the use of those third-party cookies is governed solely by the respective service/content provider's Privacy Statement. For more information you may consult the following resources:
- Sending an email to support at corejoomla dot com
- You can use the "Contact Us" link