We are pleased to announce the major feature release of Community Quiz v4. We have refactored top to bottom of the code to fully compatible with new Joomla APIs and Joomla MVC. The component is completely overhauled to take advantage of new features and at the same time we added some exciting new features - both customization-wise and feature-wise. Here are some important changes need to know before upgrading to the new version.
- New Router: We refactored the age old routing of the quiz urls with new polished and search engine friendly urls. All your quiz urls will automatically migrated to new urls. Your existing urls will gracefully redirect to the new ones with permanantly moved header so that search engines do not complain.
- Tags Migration: Tags are now migrated to Joomla tags. Your existing tags will be added to Joomla tagging system when you run migration script.
- Ajax Responses: Quizzes are now by default allows users to respond without any page refresh.
- New Question Types: Couple of new question types added
- Upload File: Now your users can upload files using the newly added question type
- Match the Answers: You can ask multiple questions and users need to match correct answer for each of the question from list of answers given.
- Improved Reports: We reworked on the reporting pages with more user friendly navigation. Now you can export reports in csv, excel or pdf.
- Email Templates: Now you can easily customize your email templates just like writing an article.
- New Responses Page: We added new page in administrator site to view all responses across the quizzes in one view.
- Loads of new Options: We have added loads of new options for customizing your listing pages, quiz pages etc.
- CjForum Support: Fully integrated with CjForum. Now both the components complement each other with user quizzes shown on his profile, CjForum avatars, profile, stream and points system can be used on Community Quiz.
And lot more updates into the new release. Test drive the new version and please do let us know any bugs so that we can fix them before the final release.Add a comment